09/02/2017

High hopes for 2017

Well, I think it is time to set some goals for the current year. No promises, though, because there is always the time and the surprise factor that can intervene... And beeing a maths teacher doesn't help, either, to accomplish my wish and sew something every day. 

But!
As a constant reader of some really nice ladies on the net, I tumbled on Lisa Bongean's Primitive Gatherings Triangle Sew Along block challenge and I did like them soooo very much, I had to experiment with. And also, her The magic of Christmas block challenge was all too nice! I read about it for the first time at http://sisterschoice.typepad.com/sisters_choice_quilts/ which is a quilting blog I enjoy reading from its very beginnings. 

So, I just wanted to show my first block. I made it yesterday and I think it is quite an achievement, because that was the day I used for the first time my new Bernina, a Bernina Bernette 12. I know I will have much to learn and I expect there will be some fun stitching hours spent with it.

The block I made is somehow peculiar, I measured for each piece of material 15 cm-s. But it came out quite nicely. The material I used is cotton, and I purchased one and a half meters of it some years ago in a small town. It is not labelled, but the feeling is nice, crispy and lets itself sewn quite well.

Well? I plan to do another one, in dark green with mini roses.

...my newest materials...
...and some assorted batics...


 The materials above are a Christmas gift from Caitlyn. They are a nice selection of aqua, cotton, with sea critters. I have big plans for these. But it'll have to wait until summer.
Have a nice day!
beth

No comments:

Post a Comment